Thursday, August 17, 2006

Hello friends and family!

I hope this will be a way for us Peregrinos to keep you home-bodies up to date with our progress...or lack of it.

Never done a blog before!

My father came up with this idea...lets bicycle the Camino de Santiago in Spain. It is an ancient pilgrimage route, dating back the the time of the Crusaders. Most pilgrims walk the route, taking as long as 1-2 months to walk the 500 miles. We, however, are bicycling. We being my father, David, sister Ann, her son, Tom, husband, Brian, and me, Davy. We leave on Sept 23rd for Madrid, via Heathrow in London, and return the middle of October. I think right now the idea is to bring our own bicycles, but hey, we still have a month to change our minds! Buen Camino!

4 Comments:

Blogger David Russell said...

I enabled anonymous comments to be enabled, so y'all can yack back.

2:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pictures! We want pictures!

11:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good job, folks! I was feeling a bit jealous of your trip, but now... not so much.

Mud is not one of my keener interests. :-)

Keep smilin'
KMc

3:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like you are having fun Dave. I want to do that trip someday soon. I bet the roads there would be good for doing some carving with a motor cicle eh? The Spanish are supposed to be crazy about bikes with motors.
All the best buddy
Richard and Ingrid

3:19 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home