Thursday, May 22, 2008

Day Two

We are in Sahagun now, 18k out of Ledigos. We are sitting in the town square, having coffee. Ann and Tom are doing homework, Dad is walking around shooting photos. I still have yet to find an unlocked wifi signal, at least, one strong enough to get these out. I might just use the WiFi-where app as a location finder and walk around until the one free one is strong enough to lock onto.
That didn't work...but I had a nice walk. Sahagun is a nice town, but it is too early to stop. We got picnic stuff, the next town is 25k away, no water, no food. Somewhere in there we stop on the trail and bust out the food..red wine,olives, pate, salami,french bread, cherries, and a strange pear thing. Ann snags an old steel pot and has it dangling from a handlebar the next two days. She also points out some Spanish thyme, and I grab a bunch for my vinaigrette, when I get home to make a batch. We stop in a tiny town..(have I mentioned they are almost all tiny?)and look at the refugio...4 rooms, 2 bunks per room, dark and gloomy...seemed ok to me, 5€! Dad and Ann poopoo this, and find a rose in this turd pile, a huge hostal all empty, built on Grandpa's land, cook is Ma, daughter is the waitress, photos and mementos all over the walls. This was a really nice spot, but was more pricey. The rain started about twenty minutes after unpacking..so far it has only rained at night, nothing i
n the day, and not enough to mud-bog us. We are on a gravel path most of the time, through wheat pastures, on and off old Roman roads...(Roman=Rough)
Here is an old monastary in a copse of trees I forgot to post.
Pretty pooped tonight, so I am zapping this out and bidding you all a good night.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Olives~Fresh Thyme~Vinaigrette...Yum!!

And some great pictures so far, Dave.

Anne

9:26 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home